Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I've been looking for a premium grade herbal tea that would be a good substitute for caffeinated black tea (my favorite has been English breakfast tea)and was pleasantly surprised when I tried this organic tea from Numi. I created my first cup with one tea bag, half-cup mineral water/half-cup organic 2% milk and it had a very pleasing taste. Its the closest I've come in herbal teas to something that resembles black tea. Coming from the mountains of South Africa, I wondered what unique flavors the terroir in that region lended itself to this tea blend. The packaging notes that it has vanilla notes, a universally appealing flavor, however, after savoring my first few sips, I detected a slightly fruity, woodsy taste, with a hint of tree bark or cedar. After traveling over to a website to study this region, I was surprised to find that this mountain is known for its cedar trees. The region this tea is from is called cedarberg so perhaps that is basis for its western name (I am sure there is a native South African name for this region as well, I just couldn't find it anywhere). I was so impressed that I went over to Numi's website and found a very interesting story about the brother/sister team who created this company, very inspiring and a fantastic antidote to the major coffee chain stores we now see around every corner.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Numi Tea Herbal Tea Organic Red Mellow 18 bag ( Value Bulk Multi-pack)
0 comments:
Post a Comment